HISTORY OF THE INSTITUTE
The Congregation of the sisters of Apostolic Carmel is an Indian Congregation, which was founded in 1868 by Venerable Mother Veronica, a holy and dedicated woman who has divinely inspired to reach out to the young girls of her day.
Today the sisters cater to the needs of the children and young women from Pre-Primary to Post Graduate levels, Teacher’s Training Institutions and Technical Schools with medium of instruction both English and regional languages. Besides the congregation has Crèches, Children’s Homes Boarding
Houses Institutions for mentally and physically challenged Children and Social Service Centers in rural and urban areas in India Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Kuwait, Bahrain,Kenya,France and Rome.
Mary Nilayam Convent and Nursery School was opened on 26 April 1970 at the invitation of the late Bishop Bernard Pereira of Trivandrum. The School grew steadily. Mary Nilayam senior secondary school is an institution run by the sisters of the Apostolic Carmel. Education is the basis of all development.To realize this vision of education, the congregation has taken the mission of imparting quality education to the common population upholding the values that keep the society integrated, harmonious and progressive. Permanent recognition up to class IV was obtained from the Govt. in 1988 and up to classVII in 1990. The school was upgraded in to a High School with CBSE Affiliation in 2001 and to senior Secondary school in 2011.
We owe a debt of gratitude to God for all his blessings and guidance to this institution.May God bless all its benefactors,staff and students.
We draw inspiration from Christ, who willed the total development of every person, and also from our foundress, Mother Veronica. Our aim is to form integrated persons.
- Capable of responding to life’s challenges with joy and deep faith and trust in God,
- Guided by right values in their choices and decisions, enriched by our cultural heritage,
- Committed to the service of our people specially the less fortunate.